2003 Hyundai Tiburon clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon:

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Owner Comments

Oct 142007

Tiburon GT 2.7L V6

I purchased my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon brand new in April of 2004. I have had some minor problems with the vehicle which Hyundai has always fixed under warranty. The big problem occurred recently. The clutch sticks intermittently even though I have depressed the clutch pedal all the way to the floor and have taken my foot off of the Gas pedal. This a serious problem. I have complained 3 times to the dealer I bought the car from and the dealer keeps telling me to make it happen. I keep telling them the problem is intermittent (It does occur all the time). The car has 46800 miles on it and I am afraid I am going to damage the transmission if I keep grinding it out gear when the clutch sticks. The car is under Hyundai's standard 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warrenty and 10 year 100,000 mile power train warrenty. The research I have done so far indicates Hyundai is aware ot the problem and knows that it is a manufactures defect with the clutch and flywheel. This is a big ticket item to fix for either Hyundai or myself depending on whether or not I can get Hyundai to honor their warranty. If I can't get satisfaction from the Hyundai dealer, I am considering picketing the dealership with a sign that says "Hyundai does not honor it's warranty".

Tom M.

Eugene, Oregon There is currently a class action lawsuit proceeding in California for California residents regarding this issue.

- , Eugene, OR, USA