2003 Hyundai Tiburon steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon:

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Owner Comments

Oct 012012

Tiburon

click to see larger images

steering locked up steering locked up steering locked up steering locked up steering locked up steering locked up

On October 1, 2012, I was involved in a one car accident in my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon. I had the car for approximately (8) months prior to me having the steering wheel locking up and I was unable to steer. I was traveling north down I-475 Highway going home with my son Lynn, as I approached my exit Court Street, exit 118, Lynn reminded me that we were going to buy some cheap gasoline on sale in Mt Morris, a subdivision north of Flint.

I turned my wheel to my left to get back onto the expressway to continuing north on I-475 when Lynn screamed that there was a car on my right, as I tried to maintain the car it started fish/ tailing in the middle of the expressway. I tried turning the steering wheel and it was locked, with no control in steering, I was at the mercy of the car.

The car was now headed straight at the cement divider that separates the north and south bound traffic. Someone came to me and said "If you hit that cement wall you are going to die", I said in my head "No, I can't hit that wall, still trying to turn the steering wheel to no avail, somehow the car moved sideways and my side of the door was against the wall, the last thing I saw was the front hood of the car crusting and crumbling up in front of me. When I awoke, I was in Hurley Medical Center, unaware of how and who took me there.

This is a true testimony of what happened to me. P.S. Lynn , my son received only a split lip. Praise God.

- , Flint, MI, USA