2004 Hyundai Tiburon clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Tiburon:

2004 Hyundai Tiburon Owner Comments

Jan 122009

Tiburon GX V6

At about 28,000 miles the clutch started acting up and got progressively worst. Now at 32,000 miles very difficult to get the car into the gears. 28,000 miles seems to be low mileage for clutch problems. I spoke with other Tiburon owners and they are having similar problems. My Hyundai dealer said that it must be the way the car is driven and quoted me $2,200 to fix it. It they put the same parts in it I am afraid I will have the same problem again. This problem seems to me to be a defect in design that should be taken care of by Hyundai. Another problem is the paint on the plastic parts. They are either phased of the paint is flaking off like from the spoiler, bumber and side exterior vents.

- , Oldsmar, FL, USA

Mar 202005

Tiburon GT 2.7L V6

I also had problems with the clutch slipping but it was not a problem that was noticed gradually. I drove the car the night before and everything was fine. The next morning I left and the clutch began slipping with moderate acceleration. You could baby the accelerator and work through the gears normally but with the slightest bit of push the clutch would slip in every gear. I have a 5 speed. The dealer tried to say that it was not covered under warranty but they ended up covering the replacement after much discussion. There is no reason why this should have occurred but I have had no problems since then. I now just crossed 60,000 miles and everything has been great. The only other repairs I have had is a MAF sensor and now the ECM today actually. If you notice a slight hesitation while at a steady speed, occurring very rarely, you may need to have your ECM checked.

- , Little Chute, WI, USA

May 102007

Tiburon GT V6

I bought this car brand new in Feb 04. In June 05, my car had 12,000 miles on it and the clutch went out. I had it towed to the Hyundai dealership where I bought it and was told it was not covered under the "great Hyundai warranty" It ended up costing me about $1500 to have it fixed, not including the rental car I had. This car was later stolen, so I bought another one!

- , Severn, MD, USA

May 102007

Tiburon GT V6

This is my second 04 Tiburon. It has 37,000 miles on it and my clutch started slipping about 2 weeks ago. I took it to a shop to have it looked at, and driven, and was told that I need to replace the clutch! This of course is not covered under warranty. So, I just dropped off my car this morning to have the clutch replaced. This is insane- there is no reason a clutch should go bad with so few miles, I haven't even had to replace the brakes yet! I want to know what can be done about this.

- , Severn, MD, USA

Mar 072007

Tiburon GT V6

just wanted to let everyone know that there this is an issue with the tiberon

- , Highland, CA, USA

Jan 172006

i cant find the right site that someone told me about, but supposingly, i am not the only one who has experienced this problem. in fact, there are more than enough complaints to make an official recall. A CLUTCH SHOULD NOT GO BAD WITH SUCH FEW MILES....SO WHERE'S THIS RECALL.????.... otherwise i love the car.

- , Cottage Grove, MN, USA