2006 Hyundai Tucson brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Tucson:

2006 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Jul 072009

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the ESC and the ABS warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the switch assembly stop lamp needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 09V280000 (exterior lighting) however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V113000 (exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic). The failure mileage was 58,197.

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Jun 142013

Tucson 6-cyl

I was on a mountain road on the way to shaver lake, when suddenly the right front wheel locked up pulling the car hard to the right. I was lucky I was only doing 25 mph other wise it could have rolled the car. This happen 3 more times in a matter of minutes. I noticed they have a recall on the ESC for 2005 models but not for 2006. I have only had the car a week! purchased used. Interesting fact is stevens creek Hyundai in santa clara new about this issue and did not list it on the car fax report. Than took the car in on trade in and sold it at auction knowing about this safety issue. I have the paper work to prove this as well.

- Tulare, CA, USA

May 312012

When turning right on a raining day, loss of power - no steering or brakes. 2006 tuscon would run radio would be on - battery light and brake lights on - 10 seconds after managing to get out of traffics way - car would move. Hyundai foxed the car by replacing sensors and some other work resulting in over a $1000. Prior major service was serpentine belt and chain replacement on service recommendations - had no issues before the chain was replaced. Ever since - the transmission had to reset for hesitation between 20 and 40 mph and the additional sensor work. Hyundai would not give me any warranty work as my 6 years had just expired. I am taking the car back in tomorrow for the same issue. While driving today in a sudden down pour - the first one since I had the car fixed that I have had to drive in and the incident occurred again except this time I was driving and not turning. Water seemed to get under the engine and something is getting wet. I requested a rental car and I am leaving for vacation on Saturday to the shore. If its not fixed this time - I may have to consider a new car and I just paid it off.

- Sicklerville, NJ, USA