2006 Hyundai Tucson drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Tucson:

2006 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Aug 052013

Tucson 6-cyl

After taking left turn the rear end started to shake had car towed to garage where it was found the rear sub frame had complete broken off.

- East Wareham, MA, USA

Jun 282013

I was driving home from work Friday afternoon June 28th and shortly after I turned onto a small road to go home I heard a very loud noise coming from the rear of my vehicle. I was extremely scared to drive it the rest of the way home, but managed to make it home very slowly. The next day I took it to my local dealership and they had no clue what would be making this loud rattling/banging noise in the rear of my SUV. When they lifted my vehicle here the evap canister bracket rusted and snapped off, which made the evap canister itself bounce off of the drive shaft making the noise that came from the rear of my vehicle. They showed me the underside of my vehicle and where all this was taking place, but while looking at the underside it made me concerned about all of the other rust areas underneath my car. Thinking about it now, my four wheel drive has disengaged this past winter and it makes me think if it possibly has rusted apart, I will get the mechanics to inspect that further for me, I do need to get that fixed before this coming winter arrives. I know my car is a 2006, but should pieces of my vehicle be rusting off already" should I be concerned about the rest of the rust damage underneath my car"

- Williamstown, PA, USA

Dec 012011

While turning into my carport, my engine stalled. Right before I turned, I took my foot off the accelerator and the car hesitated and lurched forward. This could be a potentially dangerous problem if my car stalls on the road and some other driver rear ends me.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jul 042010

Defective throttle position sensor. Vehicle would rev while cruising, change gears erratically (downshift), would hesitate, and would cut off at speeds below 20 mph.

- Chester, VA, USA