2.6

2006 Hyundai Tucson lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Tucson:

2006 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Jul 072009

Tucson

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the ESC and the ABS warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the switch assembly stop lamp needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 09V280000 (exterior lighting) however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V113000 (exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic). The failure mileage was 58,197.

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Jan 012008

Tucson 6-cyl

I bought my 2006 Hyundai Tucson when it was 1 yr old and had 25,000 miles on it. It is now March 2014 and the car is 7-8 yrs old and only has a total of 55,000 miles on it. It has only been driven gently and in good driving conditions and rarely a pothole has it hit. I don't remember the exact time things started, maybe a year after I bought it, but I had problems with my ESC light coming on and the tms coming on - they would go on and off randomly and I eventually got them fixed - I think those were under warranty, not sure. Back in early 2013 my air bag light came on. This really stressed me out - found money to borrow. I took it in and asked if there was a recall and they told me it had expired. I paid $1700 to have that fixed. I see recalls don't expire - do I have a case against them to get my money back" also, now my ESC light is starting to come on again. Some times 5 mins or so after starting the car and sometime upon turning on the headlights. I am so sick and tired of all these electrical problems on a vehicle that only has 55,000 miles on it. It is not cheap to fix regardless of the cars age, there is little miles on it. Do I have any recourse with these issues" I am on fixed income and cannot pay another dime towards fixing these repetitive warning198088 light issues. These cars are stealing from us, what should be working to begin with... thanks - hope you have good news for me. Especially about refunding the $1700. If I have to pay for the ESC it won't get fixed, it will only break again.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Sep 212013

Tucson

My brake lights fail to illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed or the brake lights remain illuminated when the brake pedal is released. The electronic stability control (ESC) malfunction light stays illuminated.this issue is related to recalls no. 09V280000, and 09V122000. My vehicle was manufactured 03/2006, and when I reported it to Hyundai customer service, they said it was in fact campaign 092, but that they did not "receive enough complaints about this year of vehicle for this issue so there are no open recalls for this VIN." In other words...they decided not to honor the recall because it is "voluntary, " and any costs associated with fixing it will be out of my pocket.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jun 012011

Tucson

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that while braking for a traffic stop at 30 mph, the brake light lamp failed to illuminate upon engaging the brakes. The contact was alerted by another driver regarding the brake light defect. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 09V280000 (exterior lighting) and contacted the manufacturer, who stated that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the brake stop lamp switch was replaced. The the failure mileage was unavailable.

- Kingsville, MD, USA