2.1

2006 Hyundai Tucson miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Tucson:

2006 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Jan 012014

Tucson

Battery discharges overnight. Seems to have something to do with the alarm system, as when the vehicle is locked is when the battery is dead the next day. This happens even when a new battery has been installed. Dealership has been of no help, same problem I was having with my 2007 Hyundai entourage.

- Lebanon, TN, USA

Jul 242015

Tucson

I purchased my vehicle in July and it was in absolutely wonderful condition mechanically and physically.it had routine maintenance per the carfax report and meticulous care by its previous owner, with mostly "highway" mileage and new tires. After a little over a month of ownership, I lifted the rear window and first one latch snapped due to corosion, followed by the second and the window I caught luckily in my hands!thank goodness I was not driving on the highway and this would have happened, possibly causing a shattered window and dangerous conditions on the roadway!I was quoted $70 per latch for a replacement by the local Hyundai dealer plus installation costs.I have had hatchback vehicles before and have never had this happen regardless of the car's age, and especially from one taken care of so unbelievably well by its only owner. Since this occurred I have heard of other instances of this with Hyundai Tucsons and that they are readily kept in stock-which causes me to believe this a common occurrence and poor design.

- Hamlin, NY, USA

Aug 052013

Tucson 6-cyl

After taking left turn the rear end started to shake had car towed to garage where it was found the rear sub frame had complete broken off.

- East Wareham, MA, USA