2.1

2007 Hyundai Tucson drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Tucson:

2007 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Apr 122015

Tucson 4WD 6-cyl

After 2 hours of highway driving at 70 mph, check engine light comes on. I drive for another hour and then have the code scanned. The code reader says "torque converter solenoid". Hyundai will not pay for any of the repairs. I know there is a tech. Service bulletin for this, so I wanted to NHTSA to make note I have problems with this such that it may turn into a recall.

- Gaylord, MI, USA

May 272013

Tucson

The car was in the process of stopping for a red light, the tachometer showed and increase to about 2,000 RPM. I put the car into neutral and the engine throttled back to a normal 800 RPM. The rest of the short trip was uneventful. About an hour later on another short trip, I again came to a stop at a red light and the engine again revved up but this time to about 4,000 RPM, I could hardly stop the car with the brakes and again put it in neutral whereupon it again settled back to a normal 800 RPM. The rest of the short trip was uneventful. The second time my wife was in the car; she is afraid to drive it as she said if that happened to her she wouldn't know what to do. I will take it to my mechanic.

- Wilmette, IL, USA