2008 Hyundai Tucson steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Tucson:

2008 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Jul 012016

All vehicle lights come on dashboard and power steering shuts off when going through a rain puddle approx 3-4 inches deep. The vehicle will not turn and the wheel locks up. I've been to the dealership multiple times and they told me there's no solution to the problem and that they cannot fix an issue that does not exist. I feel very unsafe driving this vehicle when it rains and the fact that I just paid this vehicle off is making me re-consider it and purchase a new one. I have children and now that we're in hurricane season in South Florida I cannot drive while it''s raining on when it hot as hell outside. This is ridiculous Hyundai needs to do something because I'm sure I'm not the only one having this issue. I'm going to file a complaint with the attorney general because I paid 20,000 for this vehicle and I feel that someone should replace this vehicle or perform a recall to find out what's causing the issue.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Mar 122012

I was driving on 611 North when my steering wheel forcfully turned to the left. It put me in the second lane of ongoing traffic, where I hit the opposing car head on. I was knockedout for at least 20 minutes. I do not know the other driver's injuries. I was told they were minor.

- Folcroft, PW, USA

Apr 012011

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that the steering wheel seized upon starting and when attempting turns. The failure recurred on an intermittent basis. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and the contact was informed that the steering rack and pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Patterson, NY, USA