6.4

2013 Hyundai Tucson electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Tucson:

2013 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Nov 232016

Tucson

My touch screen (navigation/radio/etc) does not light up when the weather gets too cold. The screen has a back lighting but is completely black. The radio works and I am able to change channels. When I touch the black screen, I can tell that it is controlling it because if I hit the right spot, the channel will change. I have taken it to the dealership twice for repair. The first time it was a warm day and the dealer wasn't able to find an issue. The second time, they told me the screen was obviously dead and I would need to replace it at a cost of $600. One week later after I had been driving it for several hours, the screen turned back on so it obviously is still operable. I haven't had it turn on again since. I found a tsb that I believe may address the problem - tsb #14-01-031-1. NHTSA id #10060593.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Nov 012014

Tucson

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that the check engine warning light illuminated multiple times. In addition, the push to start failed intermittently to start or shut off the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was an unknown code registered and corrected itself however, the failure recurred multiple times. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000.

- Hartsdale, NY, USA

Nov 222013

Tucson

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Tucson. While driving approximately 5 mph, the vehicle lost all power and the check engine warning light illuminated. Also, when the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle regained power. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 19,000.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA