8.5

2012 Hyundai Veloster body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Veloster:

2012 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Oct 162012

Veloster

I was driving my Hyundai Veloster on a smooth paved hwy, going about 60 miles/hr, on a sunny day, sun shade open/ moonroof closed when the moonroof exploded (imploded). There were no other vehicles near me and no debris in the roadway. The explosion was extremely loud, sending shattered glass throughout the car, in my clothes and hair. Thankfully my 2 yr old grand daughter was not in her car seat in the rear, she probably would have lost her eyesight or worse. The explosion was so loud, it sounded like a truck ran into the car. I closed my eyes for a few seconds because of the glass falling down on me. I'm not sure how I was able to keep from losing control of the steering. I was terrified and still have not wanted to drive the car since.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 222012

Veloster

New vehicle was parked on the street. At 8:00 am I was informed by a fellow worker that it appeared my vehicle was damaged and there was glass all over it. I found that the skylight had burst upward and outward. It was about 80 degrees at the time. The day before was above 90 degrees and the vehicle was parked in same location, without incident. I called dealer who referred me to national service. They came and towed car to another dealer closer to home. Day 8 and dealer claims to have replaced glass, side rails and now needs to replace deflector that all were damaged. Says soonest repair to complete July 2nd pm. Updated 8/14/12 updated 08/15/12

- Nanjemoy, MD, USA