2013 Hyundai Veloster body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Veloster:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Oct 052016

Veloster

As I was driving down the road going about 60 miles per hour my sunroof exploded. I did not hit any bumps nor did any object strike my vehicle. It sounded like a bomb went off in my vehicle. Luckily I had the shade closed so the glass laid on the shade. However, looking in the rear view mirror there was a lot of glass flying around. No one was around me at the time of the explosion. My local Hyundai dealer is fixing the glass for half the cost of the actual repair per Hyundai corporation. I still would like this to be investigated. I'm terrified it'll happen again after it is fixed.

- Longview, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Veloster

While parked in a parking garage my sunroof exploded. Glass was everywhere. Nothing was even near my car when it happened (thank goodness) after looking at security footage. I hope a recall is done soon because I could not imagine if I had been in the vehicle with children. Hyundai has been semi-helpful but something needs to be done before it happens instead of after

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Apr 122016

Veloster

I was driving down the interstate doing 70 mph when suddenly my sunroof exploded while closed. Considering this model vehicle has an all glass sunroof this is very dangerous. I called Hyundai and was told the 2012 models have a recall for exploding sunroofs but not mine in particular. This is a safety hazard as people with children in the backseat can get cut by falling glass if this happens. The sunroof explodes without warning.

- Mobile, AL, USA

May 012013

Veloster

Stereo speaker system keeps coming loose from, harness, repaired, broken again. Was told by dealer recall issue. Both headlights and factory installed fog lights have repeatedly gone out, costing several hundred dollars to repair. Paint is chipping off vehicle in several places, has been since approx 6 months after buying car and told by dealer there is nothing wrong with paint, although chipping in straight line

- Newmarket, NH, USA

Mar 302015

Veloster 4-cyl

I have a 2013 vitamin C Veloster and I recently looked under my license plate in the rear and noticed a big hole in my bumper from melting, it seems to keep getting worse since last week when I noticed it. I took it into the dealership yesterday and showed the service guys and at that point my bumper and plate mount had fused together from the heat. I fear the bumper starting on fire right next to the gas tank. They took 3.5 hours to look at it and figure out what was going on. They claimed that they have never heard of or seen this issue and when they finished, wouldn't tell me any info. They gave me no paperwork, they just told me "take the car, we had to order a lot of parts and it will be a while before we get them in; we will call you when the parts come in and they closed the shop.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Aug 212013

Veloster

After only having the vehicle for a short time, I started to notice on the center of the rear bumper & right rear quarter panel were missing paint. Over time it has only gotten worse. I was told that the parts of the car that are plastic underneath the paint tend to flex and cause the paint to crack.

- Bossier City, LA, USA

Oct 292013

Veloster

While driving on the 528 heading to work, there was an impressive explosion sound followed by glass shards and pulverized glass from the sunroof being propelled into the car forcefully. I was driving at approx 70mph, and the sunroof was closed. All other windows were closed as well. There were no other vehicles in front of me. The sunroof imploded into the car, covering me and the interior of the vehicle with glass. Thankfully, I was wearing sunglasses which kept the glass out of my eyes. As I was very near my job when it happened, I continued to drive at a much, much slower speed to my job. When I arrived, I found glass inside my clothing and was removing glass from my hair all day. I called a dealer and took the car in immediately, missing the first part of my shift at work. I was told they had never heard of this happening, but it would be covered under the warranty. A new sunroof was installed. Today, 11/14/13, while driving, I now notice a "crackling" sound from the roof while driving. I am afraid the implosion is going to happen again! I have called the dealer and am waiting to hear what they advise. Is terrible to own a car and be afraid to drive it!!

- Oviedo, FL, USA