2013 Hyundai Veloster brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Veloster:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Jun 102015

The problem initially started with an errant tire pressure warning when in reality I had a faulty wheel speed sensor (right front). The tire warning light would clear when the ignition was turned off then back on but the problem would persist and progressed to the electronic steering disabling (no steering), the speed controls not functioning (no speedometer or cruise control), the traction control disabling (no traction control), and most worrisome is that the built in keyless ignition safety systems were disabled. This meant that the keyless ignition button (postioned 2 inches from the gear shift lever!) would and did turn the car off if inadvertatnly bumped. I down shifted on the freeway from 6th to 5th at approximately 65 mph and bumped the button completely shutting off the entire car. 65 mph and no control is horribly dangerous. The design is inherently flawed if a wheel speed sensor can disable the entire car at freeway speeds.

- Olympia, WA, USA

May 052015

I have a Hyundai Veloster 2013, I noticed my brake light came on the dash on Monday but went off. Tuesday morning when I was backing out the drive way my car got stuck in reverse. The car that was coming almost hit me he had to run off the road. He then got out the car and helped me get it back in to park. It took us about 15 mins to get it. I took it to the Hyundai dealership they didn't even try to fix it he told me to go home and they will give me a call if they get a apt open. So on my way home my car was jerking I pulled over at the store and got stuck my car wouldn't got into park, so I was sitting there with my foot on the break for about 30 mins until I got it to park. I have called corporate office and nothing still has happened I am about to return this dang car.

- Camilla, GA, USA