2013 Hyundai Veloster brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Veloster:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Dec 292015

Veloster

Brake light warning indicator flashing on dashboard when put in drive. Warning light extinguishes when the vehicle is placed in park or reversing. The emergency brake or parking brake is not engaged.

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

May 052015

Veloster

I have a Hyundai Veloster 2013, I noticed my brake light came on the dash on Monday but went off. Tuesday morning when I was backing out the drive way my car got stuck in reverse. The car that was coming almost hit me he had to run off the road. He then got out the car and helped me get it back in to park. It took us about 15 mins to get it. I took it to the Hyundai dealership they didn't even try to fix it he told me to go home and they will give me a call if they get a apt open. So on my way home my car was jerking I pulled over at the store and got stuck my car wouldn't got into park, so I was sitting there with my foot on the break for about 30 mins until I got it to park. I have called corporate office and nothing still has happened I am about to return this dang car.

- Camilla, GA, USA

Oct 152013

Veloster 4-cyl

During moderate braking on rough roads the vehicle makes a loud bang. At this time the brake pedal becomes very difficult to depress. This vehicle suffered four flat tires during the 2013/2014 winter in Michigan due to pot holes. Two of the wheels had to be replace during one incident. Tire profile is not appropriate for roads in this area. Dealer had vehicle for a week but did not find a problem.

- Aa, MI, USA

Jul 072013

Veloster 4-cyl

As I was driving on the freeway, traveling down an interchange to another freeway, I depressed the gas pedal. Once I completely let off the gas, I started to apply the brakes. Just as I started to steer into the turn, the steering wheel locked up and I removed my foot from the brake pedal. The car started accelerating and braking on its own, without my application of any pedals. The wheels locked up without me applying the brakes. I was put into a four wheel slide where I was almost ran into an embankment. The wheels then unlocked prior to the possible impact and the vehicle started accelerating and braking again on its own. During this entire time, my steering wheel was still locked up. I was able to put my car in neutral and the car headed to the side of the freeway. The steering wheel was still locked up when I put the vehicle into the neutral position. The convulsions (random braking and accelerating) stopped once I put the car into neutral. With the car still unable to be controlled and traveling on the side of the freeway, I shut off the vehicle. Once the vehicle was restarted, the random braking and accelerating ceased and the steering wheel was no longer locked up. This could have ended very badly, not only for myself, but for others who may have been on the road at the time.

- La Puente, CA, USA