7.5

2016 Hyundai Veloster drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Veloster:

2016 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Mar 012016

Veloster

Filing 2nd complaint. Huge safety issues still occurring with Hyundai's dual clutch transmission. 2016 tucson dct was recalled, and still did not resolve these issues. My 2016 Veloster turbo dct was never recalled and has identical issues. Multiple parts replaced for transmission which did not resolve. Entire transmission and tcm replaced and issue started happening again on new transmission/tcm. Hyundai still not acknowledging issue or know what's wrong/how to fix. Vehicle has already been in service for over 80 days. Have 2 videos on youtube of issue occurring, and ~8 more videos of issue happening that I have not uploaded. Https://www.youtube.com/watch"V=1Y3ecbr07em https://www.youtube.com/watch"V=R5cu6hn9Y5A issue being reported by tucson owners after recall on Hyundai's fb page. Issue bring reported with Veloster dct on Hyundai's fb page as well as Veloster forums. Everyone being turned away because the issue is intermittent and Hyundai "doesn't see anything wrong/'working as designed'". risking car accident having to drive it every day. Vehicle purchased in October 2015. Issues started happening in March 2016. Transmission/tcm replaced in September 2016. Issues still occurring.

- Boulder City, NV, USA

Jun 062016

Veloster

Recently there was a recall issues for the 2016 tucson dct. My 2016 Veloster turbo dct has had the identical issues, which began just a few months after purchasing the car brand new. It's been in and out of the dealership for 5 months now, totaling over 70 days. There have been gas issues - gas fumes smell outside and inside vehicle, losing gas abnormally fast when driving, gas tank not filling to full. The ac rattles intermittently and has blown heat off and on. Most importantly is the safety regarding the 7 speed dual clutch transmission. It is intermittent, but I have captured it on camera three times - once prior to the transmission parts being replaced, and then the entire transmission. And twice after the entire transmission was replaced. Just last Friday, I couldn't drive the vehicle because it seized to shift and accelerate properly five times in a row, the most it has ever happened. I had it towed to the dealership and was placed back into a rental. Today, the dealership says "they can't find anything wrong" (this has been said over the course of 5 months because it's intermittent) and they're forcing me to return the rental - leaving me with unsafe transportation yet again. I've risked my life for months trying to capture video proof, and I have sent the video proof to Hyundai - yet they are still making my return the rental and are not fixing the vehicle, nor do they have a fix for it (already replaced the entire transmission and computer!!). this is a video I created and uploaded to youtube, summarizing some of what's gone on and the video proof I have. Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=1Y3ecbr07em I have opened a case with Nevada Consumer Affairs who has already reviewed my case and tried negotiating with Hyundai. They have instructed me to open a case with NHTSA and the dmv.

- Boulder City, NV, USA

Oct 122016

Veloster

When the car is stopped at a light or in traffic with the foot on the break when you release your foot off the break the car lurches forward - must be something with the new dual clutch 7-speed transmission. Please Hyundai fix this before someone gets hurt or killed

- X, AZ, USA

Sep 022016

Veloster

Car sometimes accelerates by itself even when off the gas and on the brakes. Lunges in stop and go traffic. Passing gear sometimes revs up to 6500rpm's but stays in the current speed. Sometimes car stays at a certain RPM even if not on the gas and wont slow down. Bad lag and terrible dead spots in acceleration. I feel like transmission is not communicating well with control module and gas pedal position sensor is way off the mark. Car has put me in life threatening situations but Hyundai service says they cant reproduce the problem but only drove it 7 miles. I bought car brand new and just turned 5800 miles but has been back for this problem 4 times now.

- Utica, OH, USA

Aug 312016

Veloster

Accelerating by itself, lunging in stop/go traffic.motor revs into passing gear all the way to 6500 RPM.but stays in the current speed, and sometimes will hold at certain RPM even if not on gas, very laggy in rev I feel I'm driving older car with messed up transmission

- Nashville, TN, USA