2007 Hyundai Veracruz brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Veracruz:

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Apr 232009

Veracruz

Ought used Hyundai Veracruz 2007 model on Oct/29/2008. Mileage was 8,700, now mileage was 12,770. On April 23 2009 while I was on tonnele ave jersey city NJ, I noticed that my SUV's speed getting slower and when I given gas it not responding, and engine sign appeared on odometers took manhattan ave to get jfk blvd. I stopped at the intersection of jfk and manhattan ave due to red light, after green light I made right turn, I lost control, SUV drove into driveway and after hitting two cars my SUV stopped. Thanks god no one injured. On manhattan ave when traffic green. Made right turn, my SUV traveled on less than 5 yards I noticed that my brakes are not working, steering wheel also not moving to control SUV. At the time accident my speed was less than 5 mph. And bright shining day, no raining or snowing.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA