2.6

2007 Hyundai Veracruz electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Veracruz:

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Apr 022013

Veracruz

Car died while driving (in motion), I took it in and they needed to replaced alternator at cost of $704.02. Same problem with alternator began to happen again. I received a recall notice, nhysa 14V-415. Recall work was then done. I attempted to get reimbursed for the money spent the first time the alternator went out. I sent in all paperwork required and waited. I phoned in to see what the delay was, they were missing our proof of payment receipt. I sent that in and waited some more. Each time I called I had a new "case worker" because the other one(s) were no longer working there. Each time my case must have been placed at the bottom of the stack. Each time they promised to expedite my claim. I'm still waiting. Not only that, they recall repair work doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. We keep getting "fluid" leaking onto the alternator. They will not do anything more unless Hyundai puts out another recall notice. I won't buy Hyundai again!

- Gilroy, CA, USA

Oct 012015

Veracruz 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Veracruz. While driving at approximately 35 mph, the vehicle hesitated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the battery needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, two months later, the failure persisted. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the belt tensioner needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure still persisted. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that there was a leak behind the timing valve and the alternator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000...updated 05/09/16

- Bridgewater, MA, USA

Aug 312015

Veracruz

I took the vehicle in for safety warranty work. Car city Hyundai in St joseph Missouri completed the national recall for oil leaking on to the alternator. After driving the car for approx 30 miles the dash lights up like a christmas tree. I have spoke to joe 631613 for Hyundai he is not a part of Hyundai Corp. He is a csr for some call center. They are stating the electrical problems have nothing to do with the changes the did on my car and that it is a sensor that has magically went out after the recall work. Joe instructed me to contact the address below for any other concerns. 20850 fountain valley ca 92728

- Gallatin, MO, USA

Jan 162013

Veracruz

The valve cover gasket was leaking in to the alternator causing an electrical malfunction that almost caused a three car accident. Those parts have been replaced four times. Twice by Firestone because the dealership told me that since there the ones that repaired it the first time I had to go back to them the second time. And the dealership repaired it twice since the recall has been reported. This vehicle is un safe for me to drive my children in and apparently Hyundai has not found a successful way to fix the problem but yet im being inconvenienced at my expense due to paying tow fees, rental fees, and diagnostic testing.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Dec 292014

Veracruz

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Veracruz. The contact stated that the electronic throttle control warning light intermittently illuminated and the accelerator pedal became stiff. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that an unknown part needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 103,000.

- Courtland, VA, USA

Sep 222014

Veracruz 6-cyl

Sufficient amount of oil leaking onto alternator from front cylinder bank valve cover gasket- coating alternator, not allowing the car to start or charge when jumped. Car battery has been replaced twice and serviced at a local repair shop. Local repair shop has documented and noted that there is significant damage occurning from front cylinder bank valvue cover, which is dripping and coating the alternator. Inquired help from Hyundai customer care center and was instructed to bring car into a dealer for further inspection. Unfortunaltly the car has not been able to start and this would require a towing service to tow my vehicle to the closet Hyundai service and dealership, which is over fourty five minutes from my current location. All expenses have to be payed out of pocket from the vehical operative (this includes: Towing and all repairs). Hyundai has issued an important safety recall (interim notice)- they were unable to help address towing my broken down vehicle and getting any resolution into fixing the problem addressed in recall letter. I am a concerned customer that reached out to the Hyundai customer care center for assistance. I identify my needs and concerns, as I require my vehicle to comute to and from work and Transport children to school. It is very disheartining to learn that after I addressing the safety and well-being of those transported in my car, that I was not even considered a canidate for any type of loaner vehicle until this problem is resolved. As stated in my important safety recall (interim letter):" The vehicle will run on battery power until the battery voltage drops below the engine...if this occurs, the engine will shut off and will not restart, increasing the risk of crash." - Hyundai is not providing me with a safe alternative.

- Woolwich, NJ, USA

Jul 212009

Veracruz

Car lost all power in heavy traffic. Second failure of alternator happened at about 58,000 miles approximately third happened at 82,600 miles approximately similar situation on all three incidents we felt threaten at every incident.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Sep 122008

Veracruz 6-cyl

At 16343 mileage, electronic stability control (ESC) warning light illuminated and vehicle was difficult to shift out of park. Dealer replaced brake light assembly under warranty. At 40,100 mileage, ESC warning light again illuminated. Dealer again replaced the brake light assembly switch under recall campaign 092. At 87,719 mileage, the ESC warning light again illuminated and vehicle was difficult to shift out of park. Dealer again replaced the brake light assembly switch at my cost, even though the bad switch had been replaced due to a recall. At 129,000 mileage, the ESC warning light is once again illuminated and the vehicle is difficult to shift from park. This means that the brake light switch is again bad. The vehicle is on it's 4th brake light switch. Since this is part of a part defect recall, Hyundai should warrant the replacement part for lifetime free replacement, but they do not. The replacement recall part is obviously no better than the part it replaces. The brake light switch is not a routine wear part, and at this degree of failure, an severe design flaw is indicated. This is a critical safety item that affects electronic stability control, shifting, and brake light illumination.

- Zachary, LA, USA

Jul 182011

Veracruz

First incident: 7/18/2011 & 70546 mileage : alternator shorted out at 65 mph on interstate 287 resulting in extreme power loss, very hard steering and difficult, unsafe vehicle control which finally ended in complete loss of power. Car towed to dealer which diagnosed an undetected oil leak from the valve cover dripped into alternator causing it to short out. Valve gasket was changed and alternator replaced. Second incident 6/26/2014 & 110,846 mileage: Same scenario, alternator shorted out resulting in extreme power loss, very hard steering and difficult, unsafe vehicle control which diagnosed an undetected oil leak from the valve cover dripped into the alternator causing it to short out. Valve gasket was changed and alternator replaced a second time. The dealer Mahwah Hyundai says I should have noticed the leak. (my fault $880). Alternator below the value cover, who designed this. Another GM coverup going on here. I can not believe all the others with the same issue.there is no fix for this other than replacing valve cover gasket and alternator when it happens again. This cannot be detected by dealer visual inspection prior to failure. This is very unsafe. I have all maintenance done at the dealership I purchased the car at according to the maintenance schedule and the dealer recommendations. This should require a recall before someone gets hurts in an accident. - oakland, NJ, usa

- Oakland, NJ, USA

Feb 142013

Veracruz 6-cyl

Valve cover gasket failed, leaked oil onto alternator, causing alternator failure.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 232013

Veracruz 6-cyl

2007 Hyundai Veracruz total vehicle failure. Vehicle stalled out while pulling into intersection on way to church. Thank god we stalled before getting all the way into the intersection because cars were coming from both ways. I put the vehicle in N and we luckily rolled back out of the way. Problem was due to leaky valve cover dripping on alternator. I have seen many forums and read of many problems with this happening. Why hasn't anything been done about this? does someone have to get in a wreck and die before there will be a recall. Now I have to buy the parts and change it myself and I can't find any good forums on how to access this thing. Please recall before something happens that can't be fixed...

- Fruitland Park , FL, USA

Mar 182011

Veracruz 6-cyl

First incident: 3/18/2011 & 16638 mileage : alternator shorted out at 65 mph on interstate 95 resulting in extreme power loss, very hard steering and difficult, unsafe vehicle control which finally ended in complete loss of power. Car towed to dealer which diagnosed an undetected oil leak from the valve cover dripped into alternator causing it to short out. Valve gasket was changed and alternator replaced. Second incident 1/23/2012 & 26000 mileage: Same scenario, alternator shorted out upon accelerating on to fl state road in heavy traffic resulting in extreme power loss, very hard steering and difficult, unsafe vehicle control which finally ended in complete loss of power. Car towed to dealer which diagnosed an undetected oil leak from the valve cover dripped into the alternator causing it to short out. Valve gasket was changed and alternator replaced a second time. Note there was only 9362 mileage between incidents.the dealer says there is no fix for this other than replacing valve cover gasket and alternator when it happens again.this cannot be detected by dealer visual inspection prior to failure. This is very unsafe. I have all maintenance done at the dealership I purchased the car at according to the maintenance schedule and the dealer recommendations. Also note that vehicle at dealer 3 months before the second incident. This requires a recall before some dies in an accident.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Jan 052010

Veracruz

Since I purchase this vehicle I had three alternators installed and several batteries, I believe there is a short in the wires, but the company only wants to replace the parts. The problem is as you are driving with out warning the vehicle just shuts down on you. Thank god I was on locals streets both times and not a highway this happen 1st time 1/2010 then 9/7/2010 on this date got check engine turn out to be software error PO300 random misfire but stall engine twice and now 8/10/2011 again alternator.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Apr 252007

Veracruz

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Veracruz. The contact stated that the air bag warning lights were constantly illuminated and the ignition switch failed. The vehicle was continuously taken to the dealer for the air bag light to be repaired. The dealer informed her there was a spill in the console that affected the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired for either failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Jan 022009

Veracruz

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Veracruz. The contact stated that the vehicle would not start. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where the contact was told that a reading light failed. The authorized dealer recharged the battery. The failure continued to recur intermittently. The vehicle was taken back to the authorized dealer where the contact was told there was a failure within the electrical system. The rear dvd entertainment system was replaced. The failure continued to recur intermittently. The failure mileage was 7,136 and the current mileage was 19,000. Updated 12/7/11

- Burlington, VT, USA

Nov 162007

Veracruz

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Veracruz. The contact stated that the high and low beams were defective. The headlights provide very poor illumination at night or whenever they are needed. The dealer stated that the headlights were adjusted, but the contact could not tell the difference. He called the dealer regarding a service bulletin and they stated that there were no records of a service bulletin for that year, make, and model vehicle. They stated that nothing further could be done other than readjust the lights. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown. The current mileage was 30000

- Crestwood, IL, USA