2.0

2007 Hyundai Veracruz miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Veracruz:

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Oct 222015

Veracruz

2 times had the alternator replace due to a oil gasket leak which was on a recall. After the repairs were done a few months later vehicle was loosing power light coming on while driving.,went back and forth to the dealer for the issue, they advised battery, had new battery put in vehicle, the power still continue, then was told needed a tensioner and serpentine belt as this was being replace the tech stated oil was leaking from the timing cover which damage the the alternator for the third time. I contacted the corporate of Hyundai and explained the problem and felt that this as well was part of the recall due to the fact that oil was leaking from behind the timing cover (which would not be apparent) the only way to know is once the vehicle shuts down on you) I feel that this is a safety issue. Hyundai representative stated that they would investigate and get back to me, took 2 weeks to hear back from them to advise that the warranty was up and that there was no coverage. I could not quite understand what a warranty would matter in a situation of this nature that was out of my control so I had no choice but to pay the dealership $2,271 to have the vehicle repaired. I strongly feel that this should be covered. I have just recently took vehicle in again for a different recall. Really Hyundai this isn't right.

- Bridgewater, MA, USA

Jul 242015

Veracruz

My ESC off light came on and I could not shift out of park.I could hear clicking in the wheel..hit cruise control and wiggled the wheel and it finally went to drive. It would go into nuetral or drive and wouldn't go into park.I put it in neutral and put the E-brake on and turned the key off but of course the key wouldn't come out of the ignition because of this...wouldn't go into reverse. It eventually does after fulling with it. Read about a recall on the cable or some lamp or ESC lighting or something in 2007-2009 Hyundai Veracruz's but it is not under my VIN. I have seen lots of complaints on this defect/issue! please help" explain" thank you!

- Chambersburg, PA, USA

Aug 142014

Veracruz

The vehicle got harder and harder to put in and out of gear until it would not come out of park until you slammed on the brakes a few times and turned the engine on and off. Then when you got to your destination you couldn't get the car back in park without the same routine. Brake light switch was out. But the dash lights started blinking on and off. Took it to the Hyundai dealership and it turned out front and rear valve covers gaskets had leaked and dumped oil onto the alternator causing it to burn up. Very expensive repairs and possibly dangerous situation to be in.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jan 052010

Veracruz

Since I purchase this vehicle I had three alternators installed and several batteries, I believe there is a short in the wires, but the company only wants to replace the parts. The problem is as you are driving with out warning the vehicle just shuts down on you. Thank god I was on locals streets both times and not a highway this happen 1st time 1/2010 then 9/7/2010 on this date got check engine turn out to be software error PO300 random misfire but stall engine twice and now 8/10/2011 again alternator.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Mar 312008

Veracruz

Vehicle stopped responding to gas pedal, followed by check engine light. Vehicle had to be towed to service center. Dealer replaced the throttle position sensor (tps), also refered as the accelerator position sensor (aps). The tps has failed 3 times in the last 3 years requiring towing vehicle out of traffic each time.

- Newnan, GA, USA