2002 Hyundai XG350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Hyundai XG350:

2002 Hyundai XG350 Owner Comments

Feb 062006

XG350 6-cyl

I have a 2002 Hyundai XG350. I bought it used in July 2003, at hub Hyundai West in houston, Texas I have to keep returning it to the Hyundai dealer to have the fuel canister valve repaired. 3 times since I've owned the vehicle. It seems when I run my car through a automated car wash 3 or 4 times the canister becomes saturated with water and shorts out. I have recently found out that other Hyundai vehicles are having the same problem. I ask the service manager at hub Hyundai West in houston, Texas if Hyundai had issued a service bulletin to fix this problem and was told no. I would think that since this canister is an environmental device that Hyundai should issue a recall to fix this problem.

- Katy, TX, USA