2.4

2004 Hyundai XG350 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai XG350:

2004 Hyundai XG350 Owner Comments

Jan 152014

XG350

The contact owns a 2004 Hyundai XG350. While exiting a parking space, the vehicle accelerated independently. The contact depressed the brake pedal various times, but the vehicle failed to stop until the ignition key was turned to the off position. The vehicle could be restarted, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and an independent mechanic where the failure was unable to be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- New Cumberland, PA, USA

Jan 112013

XG350

I have a 2004 Hyundai XG350. Many times when I leave the car overnight (or for a few hours) and then start it back again, the gear does not engage when I put it in drive. When I press the accelerator, after a few seconds, the gear engages suddenly and the car lurches forward. The problem persists for the first few minutes while I am driving. So when I am making a turn, again the car has to start from zero, so it wouldn't move for the first few seconds and just jump forward. This can be very risky at times, especially on turns. Once the engine is heated up, there is no problem. I have also found other people facing same issue but not fix for this problem yet. I wish a class action lawsuit could be filed against Hyundai.

- Columbus, OH, USA

May 272006

XG350 6-cyl

I bought the 2004 Hyundai XG350 in February 05. In summer of 06 I began having problems with the digital reading of miles togo before "E". it does not reset when gas has been put in, it takes a few turns of the key to register. I was driving my son to school one morning and as I tried to accelerate to go up a hill the car began to studder, check engine light appeared, it felt like something wasnt catching in order for the vehicle to move. When I stopped a the red light and slowly took my foot off the brake it would lunge forward. I ended up having to have it towed to the dealer. Of course the problem didnt happen when they test drove. They changed the sensor and it hasnt been symptom free. Still slow to reset gas mileage, still studders, check engine light. When it starts to studder I am able to drive under 60mph, shifting drive 1-2-3 like a stick shift. Once I try to go over 60 miles per hour (highway) can not do it without continuous studder.

- Methuen, MA, USA