1.4

2004 Hyundai XG350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai XG350:

2004 Hyundai XG350 Owner Comments

Dec 232013

XG350 6-cyl

I was driving and rusted subframe collapsed control arm & right axel broke also power steering belt broke. I was able to get over nearly having an accident. I had my car repaired in 2010 as per recall yet I tried to push for sub frame replacement over repair at that time with no luck. I believe these sub frames that were repaired should be replaced. This is an extremely dangerous situation I could have been killed!

- Bayshore, NY, USA

Jan 112013

XG350

I have a 2004 Hyundai XG350. Many times when I leave the car overnight (or for a few hours) and then start it back again, the gear does not engage when I put it in drive. When I press the accelerator, after a few seconds, the gear engages suddenly and the car lurches forward. The problem persists for the first few minutes while I am driving. So when I am making a turn, again the car has to start from zero, so it wouldn't move for the first few seconds and just jump forward. This can be very risky at times, especially on turns. Once the engine is heated up, there is no problem. I have also found other people facing same issue but not fix for this problem yet. I wish a class action lawsuit could be filed against Hyundai.

- Columbus, OH, USA