8.0

2004 Hyundai XG350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai XG350:

2004 Hyundai XG350 Owner Comments

Sep 132016

XG350

This spontaneous acceleration issue is all over the internet for this make/model, yet Huyandai has denied all responsibility, even though they KNEW about this defect! I stopped printing at 13 cases. My son had a terrifying experience when he was at a complete stop and the car jolted forward with high rpms and went under the neighbors truck. I would like to speak to anyone with the same issue... thank you!

Jody Billera

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Jul 052016

XG350 LX

stopped in traffic foot on brake engine accelerates

I just got this car about a week prior from a trusted family member who has maintained the car well. I was stopped in traffic with my foot on the brake, maybe 10 feet from car in front of me. It took me a minute to realize what was happening and that the sound I was hearing was the engine starting to race on its own. Even though I stomped on the brake with all my strength the car was propelled forward into the truck in front of me. I turned off the engine but it did not respond immediately. The car would not start again for a few minutes. It was scarey and sounded like the same issue Toyota owners had on their cars. I was glad I was not stopped at a busy intersection or a school crossing! The damage to my car was quite minor luckily so even though the highway patrol appeared on the scene no report was taken.

- , Petaluma, CA, USA