5.2

2004 Hyundai XG350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai XG350:

2004 Hyundai XG350 Owner Comments

Jul 052016

XG350 LX

My family forewarned me when I got the car, about a week prior to the light coming on that there was this problem.

The sensor had just been changed on the light. they had taken in the car 3 times about the air bag indicator and not been able to remedy the situation and spent a few hundred dollars on it. An air bag may save a life if an accident occurs and it does not feel good to not know what the problem is; or not be able to get it fixed.

- , Petaluma, CA, USA

Nov 082013

XG350 3.8L

I have a 2004 & a 2005 both over 10 years old now . At about 50,000 miles both cars had their airbag lights go on. Hyundai told me it wasn't covered by warranty. They then said it would cost $120 to figure out the problem on each vehicle and from there they'd figure out the additional costs. I spoke to at least 6 xg350 owners they all have the same problem. However both of my cars still drive great and are probably the best cars I've had in my 50+ years of driving.

- , Oceanside, NY, USA

Oct 252015

XG350 L 3.5L 6 cyl

Having air bag light come on seems to be a continuing problem in this model auto from Hyundai. It seems to me that the auto industry should do something about this "KNOWN" problem with Hyundai. Almost ALL 2002/03/04/05 models have same problem, therefore it is Hyundai's problem to fix no matter how old the vehicle is.

We all know this will never happen. But its criminal that Hyundai is ignoring the problem.

Hank Carleton

- , Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Sep 142009

XG350 L

We've had this problem apparently all the time we've had the car, for almost 4 years. At first I thought it was like that just saying the air bag was working. But then I recently got to looking on google and apparently it's a problem. I haven't had anyone look at the issue or had them fix it. Ever since we bought it from a ford dealer it had the light on. It is annoying seeing it on without any other light on though.. as long as it doesn't cause a problem setting the airbags off in a wreck (though I read that if the lights on they won't go off).

- , Fort Smith, AR, USA

Jan 172008

XG350 3.8L

Initially the fix was---it was ME a pen was tucked on the wiring? WHAT?

My guess is that it is a wiring problem or sensor.

- , Patterson, CA, USA