NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

1.3

2004 Isuzu Ascender lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Isuzu Ascender:

2004 Isuzu Ascender Owner Comments

Dec 152015

Ascender

Cluster panel does not work. The low beam lights have stopped working regularly whether stationary or driving.. they work intermittently causing the use of high beams. It has become a night time driving safety issue. Car will turn off in the middle of driving causing my daughter to have to pull over for safety.

- Choctaw, OK, USA

May 012014

Ascender

Vehicle headlights work very erratically both when vehicle is parked or in motion. Low-beam lights will go off on a moment's notice and only high-beam lights will work. More recently, even the high-bean lights have been acting up and turning off. Headlights sockets were replaced at some point but problem persists. This condition is extremely dangerous, especially when driving at night and all the headlights go out.

- Auburndale, FL, USA

Mar 012015

Ascender

While my wife was driving the vehicle both lowbeam headlights just went out. She was forced to drive with highbeams to get home. After replacing both lights and checking all fuses I am at a loss of what the problem is. We cannot drive this vehicle at night due to safety concerns.

- Rochester, NH, USA

Nov 022010

Ascender 6-cyl

While driving one night, my left headlight went out, first the dim, then the bright. My wife and I both smelled a smell like rubber burning, so I stopped the car and checked under the hood to detect the origin of the smell, but to no avail. Not much later that same night, my right headlight also burned out. Luckily, we were only 1 mile from our house and limped home. When I checked under the hood the next day, I found that the electrical connections to both headlights had burned and melted the wires at the point where they attach to the back of the headlight assembly. Has this been a common problem for other Ascender owners?

- Meridian, MS, USA