NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2005 Isuzu Ascender lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Isuzu Ascender:

2005 Isuzu Ascender Owner Comments

Mar 012016

The lights go off while driving at night. It is the same problem as with the Ascender 2006-2008 recall, but does not include the 2005. The hdm has gone out. It has happened several times in the past 4 months only to go out and not come back on this last time 03/01/2016. I should not have to pay to have it replaced. I noticed on the internet that other people have had the same problem with the car prior to 2006 model. They should cover the cost on this car since it is the exact same problem as the recall 14V755000 11/26/2014 and second notice of recall 08/18/2015. The 2005 model should be included.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Mar 302011

The first time I realized my gas gauge wasn't working, I was sitting at a traffic light. The gas hand read half full. I made the turn at the intersection and the car stopped running. At this point, I had no control over the steering wheel or anything. Traffic was heavy so I wrestled with the steering wheel to coast to the side of the road. Since then, other gauges in the instrument panel have stopped working. Also, my headlights work on bright only. I had the low beams changed and they still don't work. There seems to be a serious electrical issue with this vehicle. With the number of reports, there should be a recall to address these issues.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA