NHTSA — Air Bags: Frontal Problems

2005 Isuzu Ascender seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Isuzu Ascender:

2005 Isuzu Ascender Owner Comments

Dec 102010

Ascender 6-cyl

I was driving East on interstate 10 in pensacola, Florida. A vehicle traveling West lost control and came across the sloped grassy median, overturned an slid across my traffic lane, causing me to crash into their roof. My odometer says at the point of impact I was only traveling 48 mph. Once I realized I was alive, I was in awe that the airbag did not deploy. I spoke to a manager at Isuzu in California. He requested the VIN number and some other personal information and said if the insurance company adjuster saw any manufacturer defects, then the insurance company would contact Isuzu. I also contacted my insurance provider, they said since I was not killed in the accident, they would not pursue anything with Isuzu. I thought someone should know because I was pinned in the vehicle and had to be cut out. The tow truck driver also mentioned something about the steering column had malfunctioned, not sure what the malfunction was, but it did not do what it was designed to do for safety purposes. I sustained a fractured right foot, bruised lungs/ribs, numerous lacerations, bruised left knee and left elbow.

- Pensacola, FL, USA