NHTSA — Traction Control System Problems

2002 Isuzu Axiom brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Isuzu Axiom:

2002 Isuzu Axiom Owner Comments

Jun 162010

I am filing this complaint on behalf of myself and other fellow Isuzu owners. On Friday, June, 16th around 9:30am: I had my driver side rear traction control bar fall off my frame. This is the same issue mentioned here: NHTSA action number : EA09018. My vehicle was made in February of 2001 and purchased December of that year. Although it is 9 years old my frame should have not rusted as badly as it has. This is a major safety issue and I am out a vehicle because of Isuzu's manufacturing issues. They conveniently left the us market and now I know why. Those of us who bought these flawed vehicles should be re-imbursed somehow.

- Ashville, OH, USA

Jun 212009

2002 Isuzu Axiom. 85K miles. Same frame as Isuzu rodeo/Honda passport driving down the highway the road car started to grind. Upon pulling over I discovered that the drivers-side rear traction bar had completely rusted off the frame. The frame was so rusted that I don't know if there will be anyway to repair the car into functional operation.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA