NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2004 Isuzu Axiom fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Isuzu Axiom:

2004 Isuzu Axiom Owner Comments

Jun 012015

I own 2004 Isuzu Axiom 3.5L with 94,000 plus miles. On 6/01/15 I was driving my vehicle and I noticed that the car seemed like it had to heavy. The vehicle starts and runs but very low power. There is a 'reduced power" warning on the dashboard. I checked it over and noticed that the gasoline tank is wet with fuel coming out from the top of tank in the fuel pump area. Now I am sure that I have fuel pump leaking I found out this 2004 Isuzu Axiom recall: Service bulletin number: 05V466000 report date: Oct 07, 2005component: Fuel system, gasoline potential units affected: 15515 manufacturer: Isuzu manufacturing services of America summary: Certain sport utility vehicles that have been exposed to fuel contaminated with silicon may develop small pin holes in the fuel pump feed port. Silicon has been identified in the fuel systems of affected vehicles and in fuel system. Consequence: A fuel leak could lead to a vehicle fire I really want to avoid possible legal consequences and get my car fixed. Please advise

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

Mar 162015

Car was diagnosed code P0602 ECM programming error. Vehicle died in hwy in minutes, all lights suddenly came "on" check engine, transmission, reduced power and car is dead. Thanks god no cars around me on busy hwy. Paid $$$$ for towing.

- Napa, CA, USA