NHTSA — Equipment Problems

2001 Isuzu Rodeo accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Isuzu Rodeo:

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Owner Comments

Aug 082008

1. rear shocks went bad at 30,000 miles cost $500 to replace. 2. multiple problems with small components breaking. 3. 6 disk changer broke at 50,000 mile 4. check engine light on at 45,000 miles- 2 codes for egr valve stuck. 5. car stalled several times while in motion and finally just died. Needed new fuel sending unit at 55,000 miles, cost $1,300 6. air conditioner broke at 60,000 miles, needs new compressor and condenser, received estimate for $1,200.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Mar 072005

Rodeo 4WD 6-cyl

Feedback of owner 2001 Rodeo (Isuzu 6-cd changer stereo/fm/cassette) hello, I am an owner of a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo ls, I always liked Isuzu before buying brand new, but I'm very unhappy with "the little things" alot. Isuzu 6 -cd changer is deplorable; I've had it already replaced.(fortunate once under warranty) this month 2005 the 6-cd changer just "died" again and all of my new 6 cds that I've purchased are stuck and damaged, with no emergency way to extract it. Customer told order would be over $400 dollars to fix. I dont even want another Isuzu 6-cd changer(3 times broken). My car faults were not fault of route 1/open road Isuzu nor South NJ eaton buehler/Isuzu service management. Their dealers worked pretty hard & were good. This cd/changed design flaw issue is Isuzu issue. Isuzu should have recalled item there's numerous user complaints of 6-cd stereo Isuzu radio on internet. Got several other fail items, but why ? bring them up to american Isuzu. Letter is to inform I will strongly considering selling my Isuzu Rodeo. I will inform all my peers, family and business folks never ever to purchase a "new" Isuzu Rodeo. I may create newsletter details story for distribution on web about 2001 Isuzu Rodeo failures, in poor design. I will inform folks loud and clear to any customers seeking Isuzu vehicles. I lost 6 new cd's in the cd-changer damaged for a 3rd time. I am tired of losing cd's within a defective product Isuzu does not stand by. Will spend our money elsewhere & encourage others to do same. Sorry, just the way I feel, apologies. The service assistance for mechanical items are great and complaint is against of 2001 Isuzu Rodeo flawed items. Thank you...

- Piscataway, NJ, USA