NHTSA — Engine Problems

2001 Isuzu Rodeo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Isuzu Rodeo:

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Owner Comments

Mar 142014

While driving down the highway my engine shut off, then turned on again, revving the engine up as though I was pressing the gas pedal harder. This happened again about five miles further down the road. Has continued to happen off and on at different intervals. When the instrument panel lights go off I can hit the steering column just below the key and the vehicle will restart and the panel lights come on again.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Mar 132014

I was turning onto a street. The street was covered in oil or some type of slick element. I skidded and fell into a ditch. My airbag did not deploy.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Apr 252013

My 2001 Isuzu Rodeo that I have had for 9 years has never really given me any problems until this year. This exact incident has occurred on three different occasions now. I will be driving, the speed does not matter, sometimes it is 30, 50, or 80 mph, and the car will just start losing power. First the dash and all my gauges will go out, then the motor will start to sound funny and start losing power. Then as I make it to the side (thankfully every time) it just stops running and everything shuts off. I try to re-crank it and it won't turn over. I will turn my flashers on and even then they run at an extremely reduced rate and sometimes not at all. I have replaced my battery, the wiring to my alternator, my alternator, and my egr valve. I don't know what else to fix and I need the problem diagnosed so I'm not spending money fixing things I don't need and spend money on the actual issue getting fixed.

- Franklin, TN, USA