NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2001 Isuzu Rodeo fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Isuzu Rodeo:

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Owner Comments

Sep 092009

Rodeo 4WD 6-cyl

I own a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo. I noticed the check engine light was on a few days after purchase. Dealer sent us to his mechanic who fixed it. A few weeks later it happened again, he fixed again many times. Eventually he said there was probably a problem with the sensor and not to worry about it, so I didn't. the ABS light came on about a year later and I had it addresses when I had my brakes checked. The guy that did my brakes told me I could have it fixed or just ignore it, that it was not important. The next thing that went out was my air conditioning and heating system. I ended up paying 1300 to get fixed in the summer of 2014. The next thing was the rear wiper stopped working. I still have not replaced that. Shortly after the wiper stopped working I noticed the cruise control & the brake lights would not work when the lights were on, I no longer drive at night. Last year the gas gauge stopped working, I have to keep up with my mileage to figure out if I need to fill up. Just recently experienced the engine starting to stall. I was driving on the freeway going about 70. I had my heater, radio and wipers on for the rain. I decided to turn on the headlights because it was starting to get a little dark and just when I turned them on the dash lights faded and the car started to slow down like it was not getting any power. I quickly turned the lights off and the car went back to normal. This was very scary, I was afraid to turn my lights back on. Once I got off the freeway and was going into the mountains, the fog was to dense to ignore the lights. I turned them on this time without a problem. I know I did not have brake lights, thankfully I was more or less on the road alone. After researching this car I see thousands of people with the same problems. I think we should start a class action law suit.

- Chiloquin, OR, USA

Dec 022013

Rodeo 4-cyl

The instrument panel lights go off, corrosion in 6 months time in odd places and under car, key gets stuck in ignition, key has to to be juggled to start car, emission issues, smell of insecticides, computer issues, if you lay a towel on the dash, or park in front of a mirrored window, or leave the headlights on for less then a minute when the car is off, the car won't start (kills battery). Something appears to be draining the power. Sometimes the car will start back up on it's own, but mostly needs a jump. The battery has tested fine. Fuel gage quit working, check engine light used to go off when you fill the gas tank up, but now it just stays on. The car runs rich when it's down to half a tank. Rear view mirror light would not turn off, had to yank the wire out of it. Help!

- Painesville, OH, USA