Transmission Failure

$2,650.00

1. had the transmission replaced (2 reports)
2001 Isuzu Rodeo transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Isuzu Rodeo:

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Owner Comments

Jun 012008

Rodeo LS V6

I loved my Isuzu Rodeo! It was my dream car until one day all of a sudden my transmission quite! The transmission would rev up to 7,000 RPMs and never switch gears. At first i thought it may be low on transmission fluid. Because of the GM motor i had to take it to a mechanic shop that had a special pump to check and fill the fluid. The mechanic said it was not low fluid, he found metal shavings everywhere in the transmission. He was not really sure why the Transmission went out, however it needed to be completely replaced. It cost me $2300 to fix. After the transmission was fixed, I had a problem with the O2 sensor, then the battery connections, then the brakes. The car only had 81000 miles and 7 years old. There should not be that many problems. Especially when i drive like a little grandma.

- , Delta Junction, AK, USA

Sep 012007

Rodeo LS V6

I'll never buy another Isuzu automobile. At 55,000 miles the transmission completely failed. Without getting into all of the details it was a horrible financial experience for me and my family as a newlywed couple. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

- , Athens, GA, USA