2002 Isuzu Rodeo suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Isuzu Rodeo:

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Owner Comments

Jan 052017

Rodeo

I have 110,000 miles on vehicle and was just told frame is rusting out. Not safe to drive this car has many miles left on engine, not happy about rusted frame I have heard about, also ABS light goes off and on.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jul 012014

Rodeo 6-cyl

Was driving down the road and my traction bar fell off causing me to crash into the curb. The whole frame is rotting out I had no idea of the recall until I looked into it now. How can I get my truck fixed?

- Fall River, MA, USA

Sep 112012

Rodeo 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo sport. The contact stated that the area where the reinforcement brackets were attached to the frame was corroded. The contact mentioned that the vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 10V436000 (suspension). The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who stated that the frame needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 74,899 and the current mileage was 85,000.

- Mount Pleasant, PA, USA

Feb 272013

Rodeo 6-cyl

Today while driving to work on the highway. My Isuzu Rodeo started to sway on the highway. And when I let off the gas the rear end began clunking as it slowed. It feels like im towing dead weight. I stopped at a gas station and it was smoking under the rear end. Its unsafe to drive. There is something major wrong with the rear end of the car. I bring my car in every 2 1/2 months since I travel alot, to get checked up and the oil changed. I have not had and issue and if I did I would fix them. After reading the stories online about the rear end recall I feel I have the same issue. At the moment I have no car and im stuck at work. And need info how to get my car recalled for this issue. Since its unsafe to drive.

- Charlton , MA, USA

Aug 152012

Rodeo 6-cyl

The frame of my 2002 Isuzu Rodeo has significant frame rust, causing it unsafe to drive.

- Bloomfield, NY, USA

Dec 192011

Rodeo

The contact owns a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo. The contact stated that after receiving notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 10V436000 (suspension:rear) the vehicle was taken to the dealer for repairs. The contact stated that after the repairs, the suspension warning light illuminated on an intermittent basis. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer and they advised the contact that the failure light could have been indicating that there was a failure with the shock absorbers or one of the sensors. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 152,000.

- Port Smith, RI, USA

Sep 292011

Rodeo

The contact owns a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo. The contact stated the rear suspension mounting bracket fractured and the wheel was detaching from the vehicle. The dealer was not notified of the failure. A private mechanic informed the contact that he was unable to repair the vehicle since the bracket was a part of the frame. The manufacturer advised the contact that his vehicle was not included in recall number: 10V436000 ( suspension:rear), no repairs were performed. The current and failure mileage was 130,000.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Aug 122011

Rodeo 4WD 6-cyl

There is not a center anywhere nearby for which I can get the recall repairs done.

- Southampton, NY, USA

Oct 152002

Rodeo 6-cyl

Consumer stated that while driving, the ABS light came on intermittently. The part was replaced on 3 occasions.. also the vehicle pulled to the right, the dealer stated the vehicle was misaligned, and the hood latch was loose.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Apr 172002

Rodeo

At highway speeds, vehicle vibrates, almost causing loss of control. The vehicle's vibration causes the steering wheel to pulsate and the vehicle to wander. The dealer was unable to fix the problem and six tires and a drive shaft were replaced, problem still exists.

- Friendsville, TN, USA