2009 Jaguar XF seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Jaguar XF:

2009 Jaguar XF Owner Comments

Jul 042015

XF

Takata recall is the front airbag module which has had a recall for several months now and I'm afraid to drive my car because of that especially with my dashboard pulling apart. I had previously sent a complaint in about my dashboard but never heard anything back from NHTSA. Since I contacted you the first time my dashboard has gotten worse and I'm paying every month for a car I can't drive. Jaguar Land Rover used faulty adhesive on their dashboards causing a major issue for Jaguar owners and expecting us to pay thousands of dollars for an unsafe car that they put on the road. I would like to have my recall done asap along with my dashboard. Jaguar is the cause of all of this and as soon as something happens they will have a serious lawsuit on their hands. The leather on my dashboard is bubbling up in the middle near the speaker and the leather is pulling apart from the dashboard to where you can see the actual dash it self. Please help me I'm a disabled, full time college student who doesn't have a lot of money and can't afford to be ripped off anymore by Jaguar usa. If pictures are needed please let me know thanks so much.

- Greenville, NC, USA

Jun 022016

XF

During a visit to the Jaguar Land Rover mission viejo dealership for a check engine light issue, my wife was told that they would need to keep the vehicle for an extended period of time due to a recall on the airbags. I was then contacted later that day to pick up the vehicle and told that the parts were not available to replace the airbag, but that the vehicle was safe to drive. Upon looking up this recall today it states that even a minor collision could cause metal fragments to strike the driver or passenger resulting in injury or death. How is this safe?

- Dana Point, CA, USA

Jul 222016

XF

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Jaguar Xf. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V373000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Oct 012016

XF

Jaguar sent me a letter with a recall related to the passanger airbad stating "prolonged exposure to combined high heat and humidity can cause the affected inflators to degrade -- at varying rates in different conditions -- increasing the risk that the front passenger airbag module inflator housing may rupture and deploy abnormally in the event of a crash; potentially resulting in metal fragments striking the passenger or other occupants, resulting in serious injury or death". I feel unsafe driving this car now and want to sell my car since Jaguar have not scheduled a repair yet and customer service denies to give a specific date range. I am scared to drive this car since it is a major safety hazard and would like Jaguar to either fix this issue now, or give me a fixed date and give me a refund on the car. I cannot even sell this car since it is illegal to sell this car with this recall and dealers would not buy it from me. After multiple conversations with Jaguar customer service Jaguar could provide no solution to this problem and just asked me to keep waiting.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 282016

XF

"takata recall" called the dealer several times and no reasonable time exepcted to repair the problem.

- Northrdge, CA, USA

Jul 292016

XF

Takata recall. Received notification that airbag is defective on July 29 and it has not been fixed. I feel very unsafe driving with a defective airbag, but have no other alternative.

- Colleyville, TX, USA

Aug 182009

XF

Takata recall I was notified that the parts are currently unavailable to fix the issue, but that the problem may cause serious injury or death. It seems that in the event of a problem of this nature, if a remedy is not available, there should be an alternative, for example compensation that helps affected drivers rent or buy a different vehicle. I am concerned as I need to continue to drive my vehicle, but it has been communicated that it is unsafe. What recourse is available to me / us?

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Aug 092016

XF

Takata recall_ contacted the jag dealership and they said just keep driving around in this death trap until the manufacturer can make enough to catch up. I'm on the road about 3 hrs a day for my job and this is very distressing. It might be years before they resolve this issue. Do we just continue to drive this death trap until someone gets killed?

- Tuscumbia, AL, USA

Apr 182013

XF 8-cyl

The dashboard is bubbled up and separated causing decreased visibility due to glare from glue and possible obstruction of airbag deployment due to dashboard warping. After being inspected by dealer, only option given was to replace the dashboard which is not covered by warranty. Also wood grain interior trim splinters on dashboard below navigation screen, in door insert panels and in center consoles causing cuts and splinters. This also was not covered by warranty.

- Naperville, IL, USA

May 142014

XF

The dashboard bubbles up and separates causing decreased visibility due to glare from glue and possible obstruction of airbag deployment due to dashboard warping. After being inspected by dealer, only option given was to replace the dashboard which is not covered by warranty. Also wood grain interior trim splinters on dashboard below nav screen, in door insert panels and in center consoles causing cuts and splinters. This also was not covered by warranty. Also horn pad works intermittently causing a dangerous situation. After bringing to dealer it was diagnosed user error that I was not hitting the pad hard enough. After dealer hit pad so hard it bent the emblem on horn, dealer then refused liability for parts broken while in shop.

- Elmont, NY, USA

Apr 302009

XF

The contact owns a 2009 Jaguar Xf. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. His vehicle sustained moderate damage and none of the air bags deployed. A police report was filed, but he was not injured. The cause of the air bag failure has not been determined. The contact has not received a response from the manufacturer. The failure and current mileages were 7,000.

- Castaic, CA, USA