5.0

2010 Jaguar XF electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jaguar XF:

2010 Jaguar XF Owner Comments

Dec 192013

XF 8-cyl

I was sitting at the traffic light when the car just switched off, no warning signs it just shut down as if it was turned off. A message appeared on the dash to press the brakes and button to restart. I pressed the start button and it started up fine, this had happen 3 times in the last 30 days, the 2nd time I was driving 40mph and the latest 12 Jan 2014 at a stop light. I haven't taken it to a dealership as of yet. I am not really sure what too do. I'm concerned that I might not be in such a convenient place the next time this happens. What would it take to initiate a recall for this.

- Landover, MD, USA

Oct 092013

XF

I was driving on the freeway at 70 miles an hour when the car just switched off, no warning signs it just shut down as if it was turned off.I was able to steer the car onto the hard shoulder and stop safely. I pressed the start button and it started up fine, this had happened to me before at a stop light months before. I took it to the dealership where they have had it for over a week. It shows an interruption on the computer but they can't duplicate the problem and they are giving it back to me tomorrow as is. My wife now is afraid to drive the car and I'm also concerned that I might not be in such a convenient place to pull over next time if it happens again.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Jun 102011

XF 8-cyl

While driving, car completely shut down. I pulled over to the side of the road. Car restarted after a few minutes. Taken to repair and they said nothing was wrong with it. Three other times, when using bluetooth phone connection, the electrical system shut down and went black. It restarted after a few minutes as well. Jaguar says nothing is wrong... very scary...

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Oct 062010

XF

I experienced a no warning complete shutdown of my 2010 Jaguar Xf at 5:00pm on October 6, 2010. Gas gauge read 30+ miles, odometer read 7000+ miles. I had just exited from a strip mall and driving on an incline at 25-30mph, without any warning the engine shut off abruptly, the gear control knob receded into the console and the car automatically shifted into park. I lost all control over the vehicle. The dashboard lost its illumination. I attempted to restart the car by pressing the start button but the car would not start. I couldn't roll down the windows. The police and my friend arrived at the scene and assisted me by pouring in at least a gallon of gas but the car was still frozen in place. The police called for tow truck assistance since my car was blocking the "after work" traffic flow. After a day and half at the service center, I was told that my car was ready for pick up on October 8th. I was told that nothing was wrong with the car (diagnosticians checked by machine) and advised me not to drive on low fuel. Nothing was fixed. On October 9th concern and terror regarding this experience was expressed to the manager. The manager was given a copy of the 2 recalls relating to shutdowns of 2010 Jaguar Xf autos and requested that they probe further and to notify Jaguar corporate and Jaguar manufacturer about the complete shutdown. Again, on October 12th, I was told that my car was ready for pickup...can't find anything wrong. Nothing fixed. I reiterated that they need to continue to inspect, investigate and discover what caused the shutdown because my life and the public's safety can be in dangerous jeopardy if this happens again on the roadway or freeway. As of October 13th or October 14th, I believe the Jaguar corporate technicians became involved and is now guiding the local service center with the investigation and inspection of my vehicle. This no warning complete shutdown function of the Jaguar automobile needs to be addressed.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

May 132010

XF

This occurred numerous times on two new 2010 Jaguar Xfs. As my bluetooth connected phone began to ring, the car's touchscreen interface went blank and the HVAC vents rotated to the closed position. I am not sure if the entire electrical system went down as the touchscreen immediately rebooted and the vents rotated back open. I did not notice any problems with braking, acceleration, or handling. Jaguar does not consider this their problem. They are telling me that my phone is the problem, but I find it interesting that it is an approved phone. I am getting nowhere and find it interesting that when receiving a phone call that the phone is capable of turning all of the above systems off. Can somebody let me know if they are experiencing the same issues and what you are doing?

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 032010

XF

This occurred one time only. As my bluetooth connected phone began to ring, the car's touchscreen interface went blank and the HVAC vents rotated to the closed position. I am not sure if the entire electrical system went down as the touchscreen immediately rebooted and the vents rotated back open. I did not notice any problems with braking, acceleration, or handling. However, I remain concerned as all systems on this car are drive by wire.

- Evanston, IL, USA

Sep 192009

XF

I was driving the car and lost all power to the vehicle in the drive position.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA