NHTSA — Suspension Problems

2013 Jaguar XF suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jaguar XF:

2013 Jaguar XF Owner Comments

Sep 272013

On Sept 27, 2013 around 7A.M., I drove my car to the mail box where I pulled over on a road with a slight incline and up on the rounded curb, put it in park, opened the door, walk along the side of the car, crossed in front to retrieve my mail. After getting my mail, when I turned around to go back to the car, I saw it driving forward and crossing the road towards the other side! instinctively I jumped in the passenger side and was trying to reach the brake pedal when the car hit the curb, throwing me back a bit. The impact of the curb must have turned the wheels to the left and the car proceeded down an embankment and hit a tree which finally stopped the car. I contest that the car could not have originally been in drive when I got out of the car to retrieve my mail as I walked in front of it. I believe the gear popped out of park and voluntarily went into drive while I was retrieving my mail.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA