2004 Kia Amanti fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Amanti:

2004 Kia Amanti Owner Comments

Mar 232007

Amanti 6-cyl

I bought a brand new 2004 Kia Amanti. As I approached 30,000 miles the engine would periodically lose power while in operation, then restore seconds later. I reported the incident to my dealer. I ws told they would reset the fuel injection system, and that would resolve the issue. Since then the issue has surfaced (3) times. Two of the three times almost lead to a serious crash. During these precious few seconds (3-5) there was absolutley no engine power available. I notice it it seemed to occur when removing the foot from the gas pedal, then reapplying it to gain power. At this point the engine just dropped off. It will restore and race to high RPM seconds later. It has gotten to the point where I was afraid of driving the vehicle. It was a crap shoot everytime you needed to make a left turn across on coming traffic whether or not my car will lose power. It was not a stall, needed to restart the vehicle afterwards. The vehicle recovered on its own.

- Debary, FL, USA