2.3

2005 Kia Amanti electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Amanti:

2005 Kia Amanti Owner Comments

Dec 302015

Amanti

The contact owns a 2005 Kia Amanti. While driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it remained for thirty days for investigation. The ECM was replaced. A few weeks after the repair, the failure recurred. The mechanic stated that the replacement part was faulty. The vehicle was in the process of being repaired for the second time. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 49,814.

- Carson, CA, USA

Mar 192014

Amanti

Since purchasing my 2005 Kia Amanti air bag light has been on; the vehicle has never experienced an impact which would cause the airbags to deploy neither have any of the airbag components ever been tampered with. The throttle control of the vehicle is extremely sporadic and often causes hesitation, lurching, no acceleration, and even loss of all power. I have had the dealership update the ECM and the tps replace but the problem still persisted. I noticed the throttle body plate was extremely difficult to actuate so I then purchased another throttle body and replaced my older one. Everything functioned as should be expected up until approx. 3 months ago the issues started back up again. I noticed the throttle body motor had started to become increasingly hot to the touch indicating an excessive amount of resistance within the motor circuit. Being that the problem is recurring, I feel the issue is located either within the engine wiring harness or the engine control module and it, as well as the ruined throttle body motor, need replaced at the cost of the Kia motor company. The issue can, and has, caused numerous accidents, stalling in heavy traffic as well as lurching and speeding away of vehicles. A major safety issue is present and needs to be addressed.

- Odessa, MO, USA

Sep 182012

Amanti 6-cyl

I absolutely love this car. However, I am afraid to drive it most of the time do to intermittent problems with acceleration. At times, when I step down on the gas nothing happens, then all of a sudden the car takes off like a rabbit. On a trip to South Dakota, after using the blinker to change lanes, the blinkers went crazy, both on at the same time, then from one side to the other, I couldn't get them to stop and the ESC light was flashing. I pulled over and shut the car off and back on and all was good, for a few more miles anyway. I had to do this several times on my way home. This was scary as I was 1500 miles from home. Haven't had that issue since and that was 4 months ago (no engine light for codes at this point). Now, all of a sudden the car is running like crap. Engine light finally came on and the code is stating misfire in #3 spark plug. The car is running very poorly, undriveable. I have had nothing but issues with this car since I bought it a year ago. I have read changing the throttle positioning sensor and updating the computer software may be what's wrong. However, trying to convince Kia to do this is another ball game. There is also a high priority recall on the stop lamp switch, recall #SC077. Also see technical service bulletin #KT2007030801. There are numerous complaints about the acceleration issue, some involving accidents. Why wont Kia acknowledge this and offer a recall on the tps and a reflash on the computer"?? all we get is the run-A-round and the shop not hearing of such a thing. Really???" come on!!!!!

- Woodland, WA, USA

Oct 072006

Amanti

Soon after start up, I pulled out of my drive way and proceeded to turn onto the street and I had no power for about 2 seconds, then it goes full out. This has happened 8 or 9 times. I have been very disappointed with the dealer. They are clueless. I have been back 6 times for an airbag light on the dash and it is still on. Headlight went out and had to go back 3 times for that.

- Stouffville, 00, USA