2.0

2005 Kia Amanti seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Amanti:

2005 Kia Amanti Owner Comments

Aug 122016

Amanti

The contact owns a 2005 Kia Amanti. The contact stated that the air bag light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the air bag control sensor needed to be changed. The failure was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 25,007. Updated 09/28/16

- Cookville, TN, USA

May 312016

Amanti

Air bag light has to be continually reset, parts had to be replaced some spring. Light now is back on had it in again and now saying airbag is defective and needs to be replaced.

- Northfiield, MN, USA

Mar 192016

Amanti

My air bag light came on 4/19/2016 and have been on since then. I only had my car one month I have never been in an accident nor have my car every been in an impact I had it look at by a merchanic and he said that's dangerous and can pop out at any time so I should have it fix as soon as possible. This car should be on the recall list!!!

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Mar 192014

Amanti

Since purchasing my 2005 Kia Amanti air bag light has been on; the vehicle has never experienced an impact which would cause the airbags to deploy neither have any of the airbag components ever been tampered with. The throttle control of the vehicle is extremely sporadic and often causes hesitation, lurching, no acceleration, and even loss of all power. I have had the dealership update the ECM and the tps replace but the problem still persisted. I noticed the throttle body plate was extremely difficult to actuate so I then purchased another throttle body and replaced my older one. Everything functioned as should be expected up until approx. 3 months ago the issues started back up again. I noticed the throttle body motor had started to become increasingly hot to the touch indicating an excessive amount of resistance within the motor circuit. Being that the problem is recurring, I feel the issue is located either within the engine wiring harness or the engine control module and it, as well as the ruined throttle body motor, need replaced at the cost of the Kia motor company. The issue can, and has, caused numerous accidents, stalling in heavy traffic as well as lurching and speeding away of vehicles. A major safety issue is present and needs to be addressed.

- Odessa, MO, USA

May 012014

Amanti

Air bag lights been on N I've called Kia several X nothing resolved then I get into a accident was T boned and no air bags deployed which is huge safety issue. Please fix with a recall.

- Williamstown, KY, USA

Mar 252015

Amanti

On March 20th I when I tern on my Kia Amanti 2005 I saw the air bag light got on. I never had any accident on my car.please solve this issue S soon as possible.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Jan 052015

Amanti 6-cyl

Air bag light is lit without an accident or mishap. I see others on line are having this same issue and have taken it to dealer and spent $175 cost to find out the airbags work fine.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Sep 212011

Amanti

The contact owns a 2005 Kia Amanti. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who stated that the SRS module needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified and referred the contact to the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 134,029.

- Tiltonsville, OH, USA

Oct 202010

Amanti

Air bag light will not go off. Dealer cannot find any reason why. Air bag is fine, must be a bad sensor somewhere, but they cannot find it.

- Groveport, OH, USA