6.3

2009 Kia Borrego body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Kia Borrego:

2009 Kia Borrego Owner Comments

May 052011

Borrego 6-cyl

Purchased new 09 Borrego in June 2010. Transmission started slipping at 11,700 miles, would stay at 40mph with foot off of gas pedal, slipped in 3rd and 4th gears. Took in for repairs and they said they needed to replace the transmission and to come pick the Borrego up until the transmission could be shipped to them. The following day, the check engine light came on and the dealership said it was ok to drive it that way, and to just bring it in when the transmission came in. They replaced the transmission with a remanufactured transmission (never told us this, until we picked it up and read it on the service ticket). At 11,900, and only 200 miles after the replacement, it started slipping again. It was jerking very hard between park and reverse.at this point, the service engine light was also on. I called and was told to wait for several days (the service department was too busy to get the vehicle in) and on the day of the appointment, went to leave home and the Borrego wouldn't go over 20mph. By the time I made it around the block to return home, it wouldn't go over 15mph. When I pulled out on the street where the speed limit was 45, I had cars ready to plow into me because I couldn't get the vehicle to go!!!! it is now back to the dealership (via flatbed tow truck). Since the vehicle has had gas tank issues (replaced tank and now the co inside the vehicle is at lethal levels), 4 attempts to get the airbag light off, chipping paint, seatbacks falling off, etc. We are now asking for Kia to repurchase the SUV and we will buy a car that's non Kia!!!!!

- Greenfield, IN, USA