2010 Kia Forte brakes NHTSA complaints: Electronic Stability Control

NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

4.1

2010 Kia Forte brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Forte:

2010 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Oct 142013

Forte 4-cyl

ESC light stays on, brake lights don't work, and cruise control works sporadically, all fuses are working, a quick google search reflects that the a faulty brake light switch might be the cause, which in fact it was.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

May 202013

Forte

Upon parking my vehicle, I could not shift out of drive or neutral, resulting in an inability to put my car in park and remove my keys. As I was unable to do this, I could not leave my vehicle and feared it could roll from its parking spot. At this time, the rear brake lights were not coming on when I would press the brakes. Also, my ESC control lights came on indicating this function was no longer working. When talking with the dealership, I learned there is an identical problem with other models that has resulted in a recall. However, my Forte was not included in this recall. After many attempts to restart my vehicle over fifteen minutes, I was finally able to put the car in park. However, my ESC light remained on after this.

- Bakersfield , CA, USA