2010 Kia Forte brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Forte:

2010 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jul 152015

Forte

I was pulling out of a parking spot vertically when I needed to give the car some gas rather than just lift foot off brake to get out of spot. The car delayed--would not accelerate. I tried again and it shot out rapidly uncontrollably out of the spot, side swiping the car next to me and going into a reverse figure eight swerving over parking lot and would not brake. The car ended up swerving into the back of a parked range rover as I threw my car into park since it would not stop. There was another complaint like mine on line about someone with the same model and about 38 K on car whose car acceleration did this moving going forward. I ended up with sustained injuries with body out of alignment, hip, and back pain. No one else was hurt because no one was in parking lot or cars.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Jun 232014

Forte 4-cyl

I recently had brake problems on my 2010 Kia Forte. It was not due to brake wear or any of the normal brake problems. The problem was all my brakes seized up and the rear ones in particular heated up to the point where they were close to failing. The dealer said it may have not occurred, if the car had been driven more miles daily yet no further information could be provided on the brake issue. I live in an area that has many classic cars and my wife"S own aunt owned a car even though she could not drive it in her later years, so it would be available to those who would drive her to appointments and elsewhere. As long as a vehicle is being driven daily, which this was, I don"T believe this potentially dangerous problem should have occurred. Kia motors also did not know why this happened and could provide no explanation. I am writing to you because of my concerns of possible brake failure and that the brake parts supplied on the Kia apparently do not contain any anti-corrosive materials of any type and the intense heat caused my brake fluid to become contaminated. From service order: Customer states when driving sometimes right and left wheel breaks get very hot; inspected front and rear brakes found pads are stuck in the anchors and needs slide service while performing service found rear pads got so hot they are separating and need to be replaced; performed front and rear caliper slide service and replaced rear pads all working as intended at this time. Flush old fluid from system, check linkage and hoses, bleed air from system, road test; performed brake fluid flush as needed, flush contaminated fluid, installed fresh fluid and bled system as required, road tested

- Glens Falls, NY, USA

Sep 152013

Forte 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Kia Forte. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the rear brakes seized. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000.

- Necedah, WI, USA

Oct 142013

Forte 4-cyl

ESC light stays on, brake lights don't work, and cruise control works sporadically, all fuses are working, a quick google search reflects that the a faulty brake light switch might be the cause, which in fact it was.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

Jul 302013

Forte

I was driving home from work and a man flagged me down at a red light to let me know that none of my brake lights were working. I have also noticed the cruise control as well as traction control buttons not working properly. There doesn't seem to be any issue with the fuses. If I can not find a fix to this problem it may result in myself getting rear ended.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

May 202013

Forte

Upon parking my vehicle, I could not shift out of drive or neutral, resulting in an inability to put my car in park and remove my keys. As I was unable to do this, I could not leave my vehicle and feared it could roll from its parking spot. At this time, the rear brake lights were not coming on when I would press the brakes. Also, my ESC control lights came on indicating this function was no longer working. When talking with the dealership, I learned there is an identical problem with other models that has resulted in a recall. However, my Forte was not included in this recall. After many attempts to restart my vehicle over fifteen minutes, I was finally able to put the car in park. However, my ESC light remained on after this.

- Bakersfield , CA, USA

Dec 122012

Forte

While driving from my kids pediatrician office. I noticed the traction control stayed off and would not turn on. That affected my brake lights. I noticed that same part is put as a recall for the sorento and soul but not for the Forte. If it is the same recall the Forte should be included. For the vehicle being only two years old it should be covered as a recall and due to the safety impact that it may cause rear end collision due to the driver not noticing that the tcs affects the brake lights.

- Gila Bend, AZ, USA