2010 Kia Forte electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Forte:

2010 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jun 182012

The vehicle during warmer months after starting and being turned off must be jumped stated to start. The vehicle has been towed to the dealer 10 times and the vehicle has had the front electrical harness replaced. The problem ceased for 8 months and has now returned. The dealer now says the cable connecting the battery is failing causing it to overheat. I feel this is a electrical hazard which will one day result in a fire

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

Jul 072014

The contact owns a 2010 Kia Forte. The contact stated that while refueling, fuel would spew back out of the filler neck without warning. The contact also mentioned that there was an internal electrical malfunction which caused a loss of power from the battery. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who replaced the canister purge valve and the battery. However, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer for further inspection and diagnosis. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 062015

Notice in the last couple of weeks my 2010 Kia Forte ex, door locks open by itself either while in motion on not in motion. It seems to happen when the car is hot from driving a few miles also the ignition switch is hot to touch I mean really hot!!! and this lock and unlock problem went on for about 25 to 30miles

- Augusta, GA, USA

Jan 072015

Forte 4-cyl

Car was idling in parking lot when a burning smell was noticed. Thought it was something outside until noticed steam coming from top of hood. Shut car off and released hood. Got out of car to look and flames and black smoke were coming from the front of the car. Front tires blew out, windshield melted, front bumper and radiator gone. Headliner in car started burning. 911 was called to put out fire. Car is a total loss.

- Akron, OH, USA

Jul 182012

Forte 4-cyl

The car while driving, through rain or recently rained on roads going through large unavoidable puddles, causes water to splash up on the serpentine drive belt causing it to slip, 15-20mph when it seems to happen. This causes an electrical issue where the battery light comes on and the power steering goes out making the car difficult to steer and could be quite dangerous at higher speeds should it happen. I have never had this issue with another car. A removable plate should be fixed to the bottom side under the engine compartment to prevent this.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 142014

Horn did not work when I tried honking to the other driver. We got backed into because the horn would not work therefore was involved in an accident. I recently noticed that whenever the alarm system would not work, the horn would not work either. I tried having a mechanic look into but could not determine the cause.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Jun 182014

I was driving through a reduced speed zone of 35 mph and went to set my cruise control, about 3-5 seconds later I felt the car go dead. I lost power steering and all electrical systems. My indicator lights were on and flickering and I had no control over the vehicle other than waning off to the side of the road to get out of the way of traffic. Once my car came to a stop I proceeded to turn off the ignition. I tried starting it and the engine turned a couple of times but went dead so I turned it off. I tried one more time to start the ignition and was only barely able to get the engine to start and maintain. I went off on my way and later on my way home I stopped to get food and when I got back in my car I tried starting it and it struggled to start. I have only had my car for 1.5 years and only in the past couple months experienced problems with my cruise control not activating and setting to my current speed.

- Towson, MD, USA

Jan 082013

Forte 4-cyl

Starting about a year ago, the headlights on my car (low beam) started to regularly burn out about every month or two. I finally brought it into the dealership to find out what was going on and was told that there was a ground problem in both the wiring harnesses for the headlights. (the same issue in both ?? ) this has to be a safety defect as it has caused me to be driving at night when both of them burned out at the same time. With the same defect being in two different parts on the same car, I have a hard time believing this is not a general problem especially after talking to people in the dealership having similar problems..

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Jul 302013

I was driving home from work and a man flagged me down at a red light to let me know that none of my brake lights were working. I have also noticed the cruise control as well as traction control buttons not working properly. There doesn't seem to be any issue with the fuses. If I can not find a fix to this problem it may result in myself getting rear ended.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA