1.9

2011 Kia Forte electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Forte:

2011 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Feb 062015

Forte

Car would not come out of park. I had no idea at the time what the issue could be because in the Kia owners manual it does not state that once the brake lights go out, you can not take it out of park. Car would not go into gear until I used the shift lock release to take it out of gear. Drove it home and found a blown fuze (brake light fuse).. replaced it and drove fine (while it was doing this the electrical suspension light came on also). Fast forward 7 days, was driving out of town and the suspension light came on while driving down the expressway and I knew then the issue was back. Sure enough. Had to take it to a Kia dealership out of town.. they replaced my fuze, brake light bulb and brake light assembly switch. Fast forward a week and a half and the problem is back... Kia is telling me over $1000 and I'm not going to be guaranteed that this will fix the problem. I'm a single mother and purchased this car because I felt it would be a safe car for me and my son and now I'm stuck with a car that is not safe... no brake lights are seriously not safe at all!!!

- Douglasville, GA, USA