2012 Kia Forte brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Forte:

2012 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Sep 242014

September 24th at 6:30 a.M. traveling at 65mph on 91 freeway. Start to slow and then stop for traffic. Traffic starts to speed up and my vehicle goes into "limp mode?. car rev meter goes up to about 5, but car will not go faster than approx. 35 mph. Then within 20 seconds car surges forward and regains speed and rev counter drops to normal. Take car to Kia dealer its plugged into the computer. At 3pm he says there are no error codes. He and I take it for a test drive for approx. 20 miles and it does not replicate the problem. I advise him that it has done this twice before but only for a few seconds. October 1 at 6:40A.M I am traveling to work on the 91 freeway. I am doing 65 mph and start slowing down to approx. 20 mph as I pass the 55 interchange. Again traffic speeds up rapidly. I am in the middle lane. I accelerate and it goes into ?limp mode". the car will not go faster than approx. 35/40 miles per hour. The ESC light comes on. Cars are going past me as I am in a middle lane and I nearly get rear ended as a car behind me does not realize my speed. I pull into the slow lane just in case I need to pull to the hard shoulder. I continue slowly 5 miles to get off the freeway by work. I notice a burning smell. I get out of my vehicle and smell a very strong smell of burning that smells all over but appears to be very much stronger on the rear drivers side area. I turn the engine off. When I turn the engine back on there is no warning indicator on.

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA