2013 Kia Forte brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Forte:

2013 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jun 052016

Takata recall turning off a road of 55 mph onto a 35 mph road. I let off of brakes after turn and I tried pressing on gas and no gas pedal! I hit the curb because I was N shock looking for gas pedal. This messed my rim and tire up. The gas pedal was laying on the floor. No property damage but this is very dangerous because this could of easily been the brake pedal. I'm sure they are made out of same material. I am waiting for insurance adjuster to come in the morning to assess the damage. Police did not write accident report.

- Rocky Mount, NC, USA

Jan 012016

Brake pedal and brakes don't retract back up after they been applied when the temperature outside below 32 degrees. Dealer couldn't find nothing wrong, when I get to the dealer its not cold enough to have the problem, its not a consistent problem, but can be dangerous at times.

- Mt Arlington, NJ, USA

Jul 062015

When driving 55 - 80 miles per hour, especially right at 70, the car shakes, and the engine knocks. It feels like a vibration, and the wheel shakes under your hands with a rhythmic knocking noise from the engine. The car also has issues with the front right brake when it is chilly or wet. The brake sticks and will not come up, grinding and causing the car to become difficult to drive. The pedal sinks in and will not come back up. I have taken the car to the dealer and been told nothing is wrong with the car. Both issues are still going on, and worsening as I drive it. Pretty sure being pushed past my warranty. Taking to another dealer for second opinion, worried in mean time the car is not safe to drive based on other similar reports. I bought my car from dealership, and was able to verify it had one owner. At time of purchase the car drove fine, but within days both issues had begun. I took it to a different dealer for service.

- Frankfort, KY, USA

Sep 302014

Car makes loud noise while driving down fwy sounds like engine is going to drop out from underneath it - shakes and vibrates and acts like it's going to stop any moment. Brakes will not disengage, thereby making the gas pedal unable to engage. Car loses power while driving when brake doesn't disengage because the gas pedal doesn't engage. Brakes smell of burning rubber. Car rides like all 4 tires are flat - car shakes and vibrates as well. This has happened numerous times - more than 10 - took to dealer - they told me there was nothing wrong with the car. It is extremely dangerous to drive - I had the brake system line flushed and bled and the shop told me that what was in the brake line was not brake fluid - written right on the invoice. Kia is not standing behind their cars and screwing people - especially women. Service managers would just smirk and laugh when I took it in with the complaints - like I was an idiot.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Dec 092013

Car brake pedal will stick and not come back up. This has also caused traction control light to come on. Only occurs when it is raining or a little cold outside. 2013 Kia Forte.

- Lexington, SC, USA