2014 Kia Forte body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Forte:

2014 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Oct 092014

Forte 4-cyl

Vehicle was involved in a random shooting causing the vehicle to have driver side door panel, window, seat, and side view mirror song with driver side back seat windows. Also public service announcement of recall for 2014 Kia Forte heating, air systems under the hood car does not blow out of all vents.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jan 142015

Forte

2014 Kia Forte koup sx, brand new. The side windows are frameless on the koup, and must drop 1/4 of an inch to open the door, and raise back up to close and form a tight seal against the door sill. When windows have frost or ice on them they will not drop the required 1/4 of an inch for the door to open or close. Only after the car warms will the windows lower and raise properly.

- Pleasant Garden, NC, USA

May 152014

Forte 4-cyl

The front bumper is falling down. I bought the car in September and its had a blow out on the right back tire, and the bumper is falling down. Kia said the clips on both sides were breaking. They don't want to fix it under warranty!!!! they said it had to be my fault. How can that be"?" there is no way I did anything to make the clips fall off!!! its $1,000 to have it fixed. I have had a lot of problems with this car in just under a year old.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

May 202014

Forte

Blowout rear passenger side.

Mar 182014

Forte

Blowout front passenger side.

Jan 142014

Forte

Tire blowout front driverside.

Oct 082013

Forte 4-cyl

Scratches under the driver side door on car purchased as new may indicate prior use and odometer tamper.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Oct 262013

Forte

I was in a three vehicle accident as the third car. I hit the car in front of me and in turn caused that vehicle to hit the vehicle in front of him. I had the brakes pressed down all the way to the floor and still couldn't stop in time to prevent impact, there were not even any skid marks on the pavement. The impact was so strong that my back seats folded down and the things I had in my trunk flew forward and hit the back of the driver seat. I had glass bottles of drinks in the trunk and they were all busted in the floorboard from being thrown through the back seat that folded down. Fire and rescue had to open my door to let me out of the vehicle because I tried to get out and couldn't pry the door open. To me that is a hard impact, I was injured and still seeking medical attention. My concern is with a frontal impact of such force, none of my airbags deployed! my accident has already happened and I am hurt but I don't want that to happen to anyone else. Luckily I was wearing my safety belt because my airbags certainly didn't protect me. I made a complaint with Kia and there representative told me..."MA'am with your vehicle, you have "smart airbags" they only deploy in a catastrophic event." How can the car tell what is a catastrophic event...my 8 year old could have been in that back seat that folded or even my newborn niece that I care for, that could have been not only catastrophic but fatal!!! what can be done about this? please help, I don't want someone else to suffer.

- Gainesville, GA, USA