2014 Kia Forte miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Forte:

2014 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Aug 062016

I was changing the oil on my car and noticed that a hose below the car broke and was leaking some type of fluid. I noticed this about 30 minutes ago, but the issue could have been going on for much longer.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 082016

2014 Kia Forte 63000 miles shuts off at random speeds and when stoping or turning this is a extream safety issue something needs to be done about this dealer cant figure it out and wont work on it anymore its has been to the dealer about this issue 4 times a week with no help

- Bowman, SC, USA

Feb 112016

Windshield on 2010 2014 Kia Forte seems to be extremely weak. I have had to replace windshield twice on the 2010 Forte due to small rock hitting windshield and have to replace 2014 Kia Forte windshield due to same problem with the windshield. In comparison my 2003 corolla has endured the same driving conditions for much longer with no problems with the windshield.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Sep 112014

I was pulling away from a red light when I heard what sounded like a gunshot right next to me. I looked around, saw nothing. There was no traffic near me and no bridges or overpasses anywhere near. I then heard something that sounded like rocks on the roof of my car. I pulled into a parking lot and got out to look. My sunroof had exploded. It exploded outward, the opposite of what I would expect from it being hit from above (and there was absolutely nothing that could have hit me in that particular location). I drove to Kia and told them what happened. They replaced the sunroof, but told me that they could not explain what happened and that even with a team of engineers it would have been hard to tell what caused the spontaneous explosion. I called the Kia 800 number and reported the incident. This was a brand new car, I had bought it 3 months earlier and it only had 5,000 miles on it.

- Redding, CA, USA