2014 Kia Forte seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Forte:

2014 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Mar 202016

Forte

The driver side seat track breaks after 66,000 miles or nine months making the seat shift wildly while driving. The dealer has no seat tracks in stock and no eta for back order. The seat lets do no unclasp unless jerked in several times after the release button is pressed.

- Merkel, TX, USA

Feb 142015

Forte 4-cyl

On Feb 14th, 2015 I was driving on a main road, there was a snow blizzard, it was just starting, I was trying to stop on an intersection my speed was less then 10mph, there was a truck in front of me, my car slipped hitting the hook on the truck. There is a small hole on bumper that small impact activated the airbags. My left wrist was broken. Ulna and radius fracture pretty bad. I was taken on ambulance to the hospital and got surgery 2 weeks after. It's taking me 6 weeks out of work and 3 months to recover. I believe the airbag at that speed shouldn't come out. The front window was broken because of passenger sit airbag and seatbelt on front sits have to be replace.

- Islandia , NY, USA

Dec 222014

Forte

Both driver and passenger seat belts fraying and ripping drivers side seatbelt has opened 2X during vehicle operation tail lights faulty, sporadically turning on and off.

- Hopatcong, NJ, USA