2015 Kia Forte seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Forte:

2015 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Mar 272016

I purchased this used vehicle two weeks ago. I noticed the rear center seat belt has about a 1-inch fray on it. I asked my salesperson to check if it was covered under Kia's "bumper to bumper" warranty. He checked with his mishawaka Indiana Kia dealership's service department and was told it was. I took the vehicle to the dealership. The service manager took a picture and told me he would submit it to his boss. Two days later, he left me a message saying his boss was "declining" to replace the belt because it was frayed. That is exactly why I was asking it be fixed. I've owned Honda for 25+ years and never had a seatbelt fray. Plus, it disturbs me that Kia is immediately declining to honor their "bumper to bumper" warranty, especially on what should be a relatively cheap fix. Shouldn't this be a safety issue that should be fixed under warranty on such a new vehicle?

- South Bend, IN, USA